Monday 1 July 2013

Canada vs USA




Canada Population - 35,141,542
USA Population - 316,162,550
World Population - 7,095,341,390

California Population - 38,041,430
Ontario Population - 13,505,900

It always blows me away to see that California's population is larger than all of Canada... crazy eh?!







Here are some fun inventions from Canada and USA...

CANADA

PEANUT BUTTER
POUTINE
WALKIE TALKIE
BLACKBERRY
SNOW BLOWER
GAS MASK
SONAR
FIVE PIN BOWLING
TRIVIAL PURSUIT
WONDERBRA
EGG CARTON
GARBAGE BAG
INSULIN

USA

CHIPS
LIGHT BULB
COTTON CANDY
AIRPLANES
SUN GLASSES
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
MICROWAVE
EMAIL
CREDIT CARD
FROZEN FOOD
DISPOSIBLE DIAPERS
PERSONAL COMPUTER
MOUSE TRAP






It is a bit difficult to write about the differences in Canada vs USA without me sounding a tad biased, so for today I'm going to ask my husband to kindly turn a blind eye and overlook this part of my blog ;)  I love you babe...American and all!

Covered Health Care

Canada has it... USA does not!
So Canada hides it in their taxes.  USA takes it off a pay cheque if they have one. USA still has to pay taxes... for what exactly?... hmm.
I say Canada wins this point.

Money

Canada $$ is so much prettier than USA $$... wouldn't you agree?!
However, since American money always seems to kick Canadian money's a$$ in the stock market, I would have to give this point to USA.

Land and Population

Canada has more land.
USA has more people.
Tie?  Nah... I'll take more land over people.
Point Canada.

Life Expectancy 

Canada - 81.2 years
USA - 78.1 years

Considering USA has more people I'd say it's pretty even.
Canada 1 - USA 1

I can probably go on and on... but Canada is in the lead and it is it's birthday after all.

YAY CANADA... you win!!

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!



Sources 

My friend Google - Do I trust him?! - Not always ;)
Stats Canada
Census.gov 












No comments:

Post a Comment