Friday 5 July 2013

Americafest



Yesterday Ranz and  I celebrated our first year wedding anniversary at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena California. 

Our day started off early.  We arrived at the Rose Bowl at about 12pm to try to beat the crowds and get a good parking spot... for $20.  Maybe I should call this event Moneyfest because it was priii$y!

Outside the stadium they had some bouncy castle fun set up for the kids... at a cost of course.  However we were a bit early and that didn't open until 2pm... so to kill time we opted for a Rose Bowl tour... at yet another cost.  We were guided through the stadium and wow is all I have to say about that!  What an amazing venue... what do I remember about the tour? Hmm...that building can accommodate almost 100,000 people and they have over 100 different varieties of roses surounding the stadium... really who knew roses came in so many different types eh!!  Seriously, I'm probably the worse person to talk to about recapping a tour... I had a hard time keeping up with our friendly tour guide Tianna.  So I'll just post my pics...








Following our tour we went to car to try to beat the heat a bit... it was hot hot hot!!



That didn't last long... off to the overpriced bouncy castles... yay!




My fun was in the freebees being handed out at the State Farm and Rockstar energy drink booths... Free hats, glasses and caffeine caffeine caffeine... So you can say I was a bit bouncy too but not from the castles...







Now off to the main event... Motorcycle show (Jace likes to call them motortwocycles), airplane flybys, Kenny G (surprisingly awesome concert) and of course the grand finale firework show... We had general seating ticket and could choose our own seats.  We picked the very top which seemed like a great idea at the time until we had to make a few trips up and down for washroom breaks... wow what what a workout.  Who needs a gym after that!





 






Motortwocycles!!!! Jace was loving it!!



Watching some planes :)


Kenny G rockin it out... ok maybe not... but talented for sure!



This crowd was having fun with the wave... lasted a good 10 rounds or so... lol







We ended our night with an amazing firework display. 25 minutes long and great music to go with.  By far the best show I have ever seen!  Jace slept through it all... don't ask me how... these fireworks shook the building.

So yes it was a money grab at times... the stairs were killer... the traffic on our way out was crazy... would I do it again?  Absolutely!  Fun times :)

Happy 4th of July America!!

...and Happy Anniversary Ranz!  To our first year, always and forever...  I love you!!











No comments:

Post a Comment